You can make a contribution to support
trACtors online, safely and
securely, using our PayPal account.
Big tractor features in a compact package . . .
Click each number to see the specific
1. Infinite Range,
Vari-Shift Drive. A-C designed and built four-range, cast iron transaxle and unique variable speed system provide four distinct ranges (3 forward, 1 reverse), allow PTO speed to remain constant while ground speed is adjusted
- with a single convenient hand lever control.
2. Brute Power That's Smooth and Quiet. Reliable Briggs & Stratton four-cycle engines mean power a-plenty, with minimal noise and vibration. All T-800 series tractors feature Industrial/Commercial Briggs & Stratton engines with cast iron liners: stellite hardened valves, seats and valve rotators for longer life. Dual element air cleaner for better engine protection, and
solid state ignition for a better spark, sure starting and low-cost maintenance.
3. Controlled Traction. T-800 Series tractors offer sure-footed traction through mud and snow because the transaxle differential automatically transfers power to the rear wheel with the best traction.
4. Power Take-Off. Convenient rear PTO eliminates the need for a separate engine or complicated adaptor kit to power the tiller attachment. The Allis-Chalmers
Quick-Hitch attachment mounting system makes front, center or rear attachments easy and simple to mount.
5. Tilt-Up Hood and Seat Deck. Easy accessibility to engine, battery and other components is provided via the tilt-up hood, grille and seat. Simplified routing maintenance adds to long tractor life and optimum performance.
6. Quick Responsive Handling. All
controls are conveniently grouped within easy reach, around the easy-to-read instrument panel. Heavy-duty geared steering delivers responsive, smooth handling. Tight 24" turning radius allows precise maneuverability, while big, high-flotation tires treat fine lawns kindly without leaving tracks.
7. Fuel Tank. Large 2.2 gallon fuel tank has top-mounted gauge for quick visual checks. Fills without having to raise the hood. Spill-way around tank opening helps keep fuel from the hot
8. Stress-Absorbing Frame and Axle.
One-piece solid channel steel frame and tough 1" x 3" steel axle means strength for heavy-duty service plus operational ability -- year after year.
Lengthen your working time when darkness threatens to call a halt. Headlights are standard equipment on the T-800 Series.
[Source: A-C brochure, 900 & T-800
Series, Gardenpower, Form OP-1395-8201, 1982, courtesy of Myron Peebles}