You can make a contribution to support
trACtors online, safely and
securely, using our PayPal account.
Click for a closer view Figure 1
42" AND 48" ROTARY MOWERS
ATTACHING THE MOWER
1. Park the tractor on level ground and place the mower at right side of tractor. Turn tractor wheels hard to the left and place mower height adjusting lever in the lowest position. Slide mower into place under tractor (Figure 1).
2. Lift front of mower and align holes in mower link assembly with holes in tractor front hitch and
install round head pins and lock pins as shown in Figure 2.
3. With mower in low cutting position, loosen wing nut and back it off almost to end of wing nut rod (Figure 3). Place belt over electric clutch pulley,
(Figure 2), over the right hand and left hand idler pulleys, and over the mower driven pulley.
4. Tighten wing nut at front of tractor to tighten drive belt. Continue turning wing nut until the indicator (Figure 3) moves into the rear half of "green" zone on decal on right side of idler frame.
Turn nut and lockwasher on wing nut rod down against inside of idler frame and tighten wing nut tight.
5. Adjust belt guides to 1/16 to 1/8 inch clearance with mower belt (Figure 2).
6. Assemble the lift link, (Figure 1) to the fifth link of lift chain and attach lift link to the lift arm under tractor with a pin and lock pin (Figure 2).