You can make a contribution to support Simple trACtors online, safely and securely, using our PayPal account.
6. Turn the mower height adjusting handles, Figure 7, Item B, so the rear tip of the left blade, Figure 9, Item A, is two inches from the ground surface.
7. Repeat steps five and six on the right side of the mower so the rear of the right blade is two inches from the ground surface.
8. If any height adjustment is needed to correct the height of the right blade, recheck the left blade height.
9. Turn the center blade so that the tips are pointing straight toward the front and rear. Measure the distance from its front tip to the ground surface (Figure 9, Item B). The distance should be 2-1/8" to 2-1/4", that is 1/8" to 1/4" more than the distance from the rear tip of the outer blades to the ground surface.
10. See figure 8. If adjustment is needed, remove the two spring clips and pins (A). Loosen the locking nuts (B) and turn the eyebolts (C) counter-clockwise to raise the front of the mower, or clockwise to lower the front of the mower as needed. Always turn each of the eyebolts the same number of turns in the same direction.
11. See figure 8. After making the adjustment, tighten the locking nuts (B) and reinstall the pins (A) and spring clips.
12. Recheck both the side and center blade heights. If the adjustment is not correct, repeat steps 10 and 11.
ORDERING REPLACEMENT PARTS
Replacement parts required for performing maintenance services or repair work should be purchased from your Simplicity dealer. When ordering parts be prepared to give him the mower identification number. If you have not already recorded this number on the inside front cover of this manual we suggest you do so now for convenient future reference. USE ONLY GENUINE SIMPLICITY REPLACEMENT PARTS.
Inspect the mower, checking for loose bolts, missing spring clips and pins, etc. Also check the mower blades for
sharpness and to insure they have not been bent or chipped from hitting a hard object. Check the blade mounting bolts to be sure they are tight. The underside of the mower should be checked and any build up of grass clippings or dirt which may reduce the cutting capacity of the mower should be removed.
[Source: Simplicity Owner's Manual, MFG NO
886 42" Rotary Mower, MFG NO 885 48" Rotary Mower, SER. FORM OP60]
NOTE: This site is designed to be viewed in at least 1024 x 768
resolution in Internet Explorer v6 or later, Mozilla Firefox v4 or later, and Google Chrome.
It may not display correctly in other resolutions or on other devices.
Links on this site are monetized.
liability or responsibility for the accuracy of
data on this site.