You can make a contribution to support
trACtors online, safely and
securely, using our PayPal account.
TILLER DRIVE ASSEMBLY
For ease in attaching the Tiller Drive Assembly to the tractor, follow the sequence of steps outlined below:
1. Remove the two 5/16" x 1" hex capscrews which fasten the left side of the seat bracket
to the side plate on the bevel gear housing of the tractor. See Figure 5.
2. Mount the belt release bracket to the side plate. Replace the
capscrews, and tighten securely. See Figure 5.
3. Mount the tiller belt release guard to the belt release bracket as shown in Figure 5.
The concave surface of the tiller belt release guard is to face the bevel gear shaft.
Click for a closer view
4. Mount the 3" tiller drive pulley to the bevel gear shaft with its key, a s shown in Figure 5. The hub of the pulley faces in toward the tractor. Leave the setscrew loose until making final alignment.
5. Place the 56'' long "V" belt in position on the 3" tiller drive pulley.
6. Place the 42" long "V" belt in position on the smaller pulley of the tiller' drive assembly and mount the tiller drive assembly onto the lift shaft as shown in Figure 6. As is shown in Figure 7, the arm of pulley sleeve assembly is held in place against the left side bracket of the tractor tow assembly by means of a pin and hair pin cotter.
Place the free end of the 56" long "V" belt in position on the large pulley of the tiller drive assembly as shown in Figure 6.
Position the 3" pulley so that it is in line with the large pulley of the tiller drive assembly and tighten the setscrew securely.
7. Place the offset end of the guide assembly rod into the hole in the belt release bracket and fasten in place with a hair pin cotter. See Figure 6.
Owner's Manual, Rotary Tiller - 32" for Model B-Series Tractors,
TM-302, April 1962]