GANG COMPANION MOWER
PACKING AND ASSEMBLING INSTRUCTIONS
1. Gang Companion mowers are shipped complete in two cartons with draw bar assemblies in separate carton.
2. Attach the two single draw bar assemblies (1) to Gang Companion mowers with four bolts, bushings and flat washers (2) as shown.
3. Attach double draw bar assembly
(3) to single draw bar assemblies with cotter pins as shown. Note: Be sure that double draw bar assembly is to rear of mower wheels. If assembled incorrectly, it may rub on mower tires, causing wheels to skid.
4. Attach tongue assembly (4) to double draw bar with cotter pins as shown.
5. Attach tongue
extension (5) to tongue with tongue pin (6) and cotter pin as shown.
6. Attach complete unit to tractor with draw bar pin (7).
Note: Cotter pins and tongue pin are packed in cloth bag attached to draw bar assembly bundle.
1. Gang Companion mowers are always used with front attached 24" mower and will give combined cutting width of 59".
2. Cutting height adjustable from 1/2 to 2-1/4 inches by raising or lowering rear rollers.
3. Adjustment of the cutting blades is quickly obtained through
positive locking cams.
[Source: Owner's Manual and Parts List, Simplicity Garden Tractors and Implements, date unknown, courtesy of Mark Waite & Joel Wicker]